Monday, February 2, 2015

Housing Life Cycles

This week in interior design we learned about the physical and physiological needs in housing. It determines what exactly we would want in a house. The physical needs a house needs to meet is shelter, sleep, food prep, storage, safety. The physiological needs a house needs to meet is privacy, identity, creativity, love and belonging. In this unit we also learned what a life cycle, its stages in life from infancy to old age. It relates to housing choices because you have to include family size, budget, and lifestyle. 


Age 22
 I chose a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment in St. Cloud for myself and another to live in. I decided I would have a roommate to decrease the rent cost sense I will still be attending school at St.Cloud State. Living in an apartment will help me save money, even though the apartment is a little smaller it will give me shelter, storage, a safe place to sleep and to prepare food in. I would also have a lot of privacy and I will be able to create it how I want it to look.



Age 33
 This house is perfect for myself when I first get married it has 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. Its a townhome and perfect for starter family's. I would have my first kid here and later move to a big house that meets every physical and psychological needs for myself and the family. This house is very realistic and meets most of my physical and psychological needs. 












 Age 42

At this age I depict myself married for a couple years now and  into a home I can start a family in. It would have 3 bedrooms and include 2 bathrooms. Also my dream is to live in Hudson Wisconsin so I that's how I chose this house. This house would meet all my physical and psychological needs. For myself I would love to have a big backyard and this house meets that needs. This is my dream house.



Age 75
 At this age I would be retired and looking for somewhere to live that would be small and realistic for myself and my husband. I thought that a lake home would be perfect for us to be. Something small but can hold the kids and grandchildren. I would want somewhere that I would be happy and I could still do outdoors activities, this house accommodates all of my needs at the age of 75.


 I learned so much about how at different ages it effects the type of house you choose. All of my decisions are very realistic and that's how I see my future going exactly.






No comments:

Post a Comment